Tony McManus is a mental health advocate who focuses on the importance of social connection as a solution & corporate social responsibility outcomes.
About McManus Consulting Services
Mental health advocate
Tony McManus is a sought after speaker at all levels of the community for beyondblue and RU OK? across South East Australia. He was the first Independent Chairman of a Headspace local consortium across the 100+ Headspace centres across Australia. He then established the Headspace Geelong Fund. He focuses on identifying strategic mutual benefits and win win outcomes. He was also an active supporter of the establishment of the Lara & District Community Bank.
After selling his Lara based Real Estate business, Tony has been passionately promoting the Mental Health Solution of Social Connection through Mentoring and Volunteering via “Connect2Grow”.
After his brother Mick took his own life, a passion in helping others deal with Mental Health issues began and has resulted in among other thing’s the successful lobbying of the Geelong and Hawthorn football clubs to play annually for the AFL “beyondblue Cup” as a vehicle to promote awareness about and reduce stigma in the community about Depression. He supports the Western Bulldogs “Sons Of The West” Mens Health Project. He is a National Ambassador for beyondblue and is a Community Ambassador for RU OK?
His work has been reported in the Sunday Age, the Herald Sun, ABC TV and Radio and a number of times in the Geelong Advertiser. He is a regular guest on 93.9 BayFM and was a nominee for the inaugural Australian Mental Health Prize in 2016. Tony is also a member of the CEO Institute (Certified CEO) and a member of Rotary.
Tony’s key acheivements:
- Conceived and initiated the introduction of the AFL’s beyondblue Cup between Geelong and Hawthorn. Now played Nationally across all levels in Australia.
- Mental Health Advocate who focuses on the importance of Social Connection as a Mental Health Solution and also a simple Corporate Social Responsibility outcome.
- Founder of Connect 2 Grow. Highlighting how ordinary people are doing extraordinary things though Volunteering and Mentoring. 2016 Nominee Aust. Mental Health Prize.
- His work has been reported in the Sunday Age, ABC TV and Radio and a number of times in the Geelong Advertiser. He is a regular guest on 93.9 BayFM
- National Ambassador of beyondblue, Community Ambassador of RU OK?, Founder of a successful Community Bank, “Bollies” Geelong Community Business Award winner.
- Appeared in The Project on Channel 10’s story about a “Veteran’s Final Resting Place” as a spin off from a Volunteer Tourism project in Papua New Guinea.